Standard CD Cover Template
(Requires Microsoft Word)
[Sample output, if used by Coldplay]
Features of Standard CD Cover Template
Advantages of using the CD Cover Template are:
- Automatically formats the covers
- Uses MS-Word:
- No software installation necessary
- Data is portable
- Space for 0 - 20 tracks per cover
|Data input form, using MS-Word mail-merge facilities
Follow the intructions in the order given below:
- Extract all the files from the zip file
- Open "Standard Template Front Cover" file
- When asked for a password, enter "password"
- If you encounter the message below then:
- Click on "Find Data Source"
- Select "Standard Template Data Source"
- From the menu select View->Toolbars->Mail Merge
- The mail merge tool bar is now visible. Click on the following button
and notice the effect:
The "View Merged Data" button will display data in the cover's
- Save and close the document - there is a good reason for this!
- From now on, always open the document "Read Only", ie DO NOT
ENTER A PASSWORD
This will stop accidental changes to the cover layout, a very easy mistake
with mail merge documents...
- Press the "Edit Data Source" button on the mail merge tool
bar and enter your CD data
Screen available from the "Edit Data Source" button, top-right
of the mail merge toolbar
- Press Ok when you have finished adding, deleting and editing records
Select the record to print with the arrow buttons on the mail merge toolbar
and then just go File->Print
The back cover is produced using the same method
However, you only need to enter the data once into the mail-merge database
because both covers use the same data source
Downloads Index | Home